Effective Date: September 1st, 2022
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use Personal Information
- Personal Information Sharing
- Cross-Border Transfer
- Your Rights and Choices
- Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
- Retention of Personal Information
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Personal Information
- Updates to Our Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
Information We Obtain
Information You Provide
We collect and store personal information (such as name and other contact details) that you choose to provide to us through the Site or when you contact us. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The types of personal information we collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, title, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- Social media handles, and
- Other personal information you may submit to us, such as when you contact us.
Automated Collection of Information
When you use the Site, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, beacons, device identifiers, server logs, and other technologies.
The information we obtain in this manner may include your:
- Device IP address,
- Domain name,
- Identifiers associated with your devices,
- Device and operating system type and characteristics,
- Web browser characteristics,
- Language preferences,
- Clickstream data,
- Your interactions with the Site (such as the web pages you visit, links you click, and features you use),
- The pages that led or referred you to the Site,
- Dates and times of access to the Site, and
- Other information about your use of the Site.
Third-Party Web Analytics Services
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we obtain on the Site for legitimate business purposes, including to:
- Provide our services to you; process, evaluate, and respond to your requests and inquiries; and send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Market our services to you. We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new services; enhancing and improving our services; analyzing our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions). We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud, security breaches, and other criminal activity and risks. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Personal Information Sharing
We share your Personal Information with:
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as hosting this Site or data analytics. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), including laws outside your country of residence; (2) in response to requests by, or cooperate with, government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including outside of your country of residence; (3) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
Your personal information may be processed and stored in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Site, you understand your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a charge may apply before we provide you with a copy of any of your personal information that we maintain.
Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
The Site may provide links to other online services and websites for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins (e.g., LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter buttons). These services and websites may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they collect about you, are subject to their own privacy statements. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, Agency is not responsible for these third parties’ information or other practices.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which we obtained it and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Site or our services to you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitation, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
How We Protect Personal Information
Children’s Personal Information
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Site.
How to Contact Us
Deutsch LA Inc., located at 12901 W Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066, is the company responsible for collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information under this Privacy Notice.
If you wish to exercise any of your privacy rights, or if you wish to contact us in relation to this Privacy Notice or any privacy matter, including our use of your personal information, please use the following contact details:
ATTN: Privacy Lead
Our Data Protection Officer for the UK and EU may be contacted at:
For the UK: UK.DPO@interpublic.com
For the EU: GDPR.DPO@interpublic.com